California Beach, then mega-ultra-flu, then Hawaii, then home. Wheeeeeeee!
California beaches are 60 degrees and windy.
And they have great sand.
But I'm cold -- MAKE ME INTO A BEAR. Ok, Ly.
"I'm racing to the ocean!"
"I came back because the ocean is loud."
Need to go shopping for 3T sized winter clothes, all we have is stuff for Ly to grow into...
"I. Bear."
"I. Nap."
Lyra's hair looks like a spade.
"I. Cold. Snuggle."
"Eeeeee."
"Eeeeee."
"Let's go to the ocean, Ly."
"Nap. Take nap."
"Oooh, nuggle puppy mine."
"Thing bout you, special, fine."
"Ly. Bucket."
"In. Bucket. Sit."
Tandem toddler yoga.
Oh God the hair sand.
TV and frozen yogurt.
What is "SpongeBob"? This is.
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
"Pet. Donkey."
Lyra picks out all her own clothes at this point...
As anyone can plainly see.
And is such a good mom to this front end loader, nursing in public.
THE PLAGUE DESCENDS.
Lyra is unaffected by plague at first, and wants to show you her hair.
And tongue.
"Soap. Wash. Hands."
"Eeeee."
Baby's first hairdo.
Oh but then plague.
Let's all pretend we aren't dying of 6-week flu!
"Ooooooo!"
Oh but we can't because we're in our jammies and it's only 4pm. Fluuuuuuuu.
Delirious crown hat.
"O. Owl."
This is the I-can't-breathe-through-my-nose face.
Ly selfie
Ly duck face
"Here are some cars. Take the cars. TAKE THEM."
"Why aren't you taking them?"
More Lyra wardrobe choices.
"Hug. Ao. Dog."
"Eee."
Chocolate dip was allowed.
There were some bowl-to-mouth errors.
Still a model. Rocking the look.
Chocolate steel.
Sharing the window seat.
In Hawaii with Monk.
Plumeria baby with excavator.
Plumeria baby with golf tee.
Hawaiian humidity agrees with M's hair.
TumbleCurlsTM
"Mom look at all the moss on that rock."
Lava tree
"LET'S GO TO THIS LITTLE HOUSE."
Baby Ben.
Running through a rainbow.
"Mom look there were trees and then all the trees got fire lava on them and BURNED to the ground and then there was lava rocks."
Orchid Ly.
Looking at a giant rift in the earth.
No comment.
"Monkey!"
Pensive beach horizon gazing.
Oh, hey, a camera, hold on let me be a total ham.
Konane master.
Flawless first move.
Anole!
Family portrait.
Pulled over for the sunset -- would not have found missing stone in ring had we not.
Totally splurged on a ridiculous helicopter ride.
Worth it, just for this picture alone.
In this photo, I was as west in the world as I have ever been.
Not quite the southest, PR is souther I think.
Remarkably flimsy.
Giant crater beside the airport.
So interesting to see the landscape from this perspective after walking on it.
Ridicu-volcano, Halema'uma'u.
Active lava flow.
Such a bizarre place.
Not clouds.
Moonscape.
Let's just take this roa...
Got to hike around a bit.
Into a lava tube.
Used to be full of lava, is creepy AF.
Very windy near Halema'uma'u.
I laughed for so long.
Black sand beach, looks like asphalt. Punalu'u.
Very strange place.
They paved paradise...
Looking for honu.
Not a honu.
No land south of me for at least a thousand miles.
More helicopter. This valley defies description, even by a photo.
Bone-chilling scale. 2000+ foot waterfalls.
Just a casual afternoon walk to the enormous collapsed lava tube.
Let's pretend the ground is lava.
"Let's go in it."
Ok.
What could go wrong?
Ok so you can just walk through it and it's not bad at all.
All-out grandparents' day while mom and dad traipse around the island in a helicoptor.
How much ice cream is too much ice cream?
Perhaps this much?
Moss has no problems.
I know that face, Ly, delicious but uuuuugh I caaaaaaaan't.
Moss did and would again.
I think we were literally flying overhead at this point.
They kept unpacking our packing, so we zombified them.
Boinging on the last day.
All strapped in, thanks Mom.
"Sip juice Duh."




















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment