Friday, October 31, 2014

Anniversaries and pumpkin patches

Comparing two October holidays, we have our wedding anniversary and Halloween,  2013 and 2014. 

I'd say the actual Halloween day last year was better because of our awesome pumpkins:





We didn't get a chance to carve any cool pumpkins this year even though we did all of the prep work, because we ran out of time before our LA trip, from which we returned at 6pm on Halloween day.  But the prep work pictures themselves are pretty great:













So even though the 2013 pumpkins trump the 2014 ones, all of the other Halloween celebrations went somewhat better this year than last.  Choosing pumpkins, for example.  The 2014 pumpkin patch visit was kind of spur of the moment, and a little short, but still fun.



Hey, hay!

I don't know how I feel about this.

GO AWAY PUMPKIN

They're multiplying...

I'll fight them off by raking the hay.

Booooorn in the USA

Definitely not raining.

Here are Moss's thoughts: OMG SCARECROW FROM THE BIG RED BARN I LOVE YOU

Not a bad day, all things considered, even given the face injury

Heeeeeee, now I'm in this hay cave

This is his sign for moon, he just realized the moon was visible

Can't leave without getting the hugely pregnant woman in the shot, Moss is still staring at the moon

I must say, this year's pumpkin patch visit was infinitely more enjoyable than last year's, which was also spur of the moment and short, but less fun:

AH WHERE AM I

Ehn ehn

Noooo.

Yeah.  No.

This was over before it started, guys.

Our anniversaries were also quite different, but I can't quite say one was better than the other.  In 2013, we stayed local and ate at our favorite restaurant.  It was extremely relaxing and nice.

And Moss ate at his favorite restaurant as well.

This was before he started immediately pulling cups of scalding liquid onto himself at restaurants.

This year because of the inimitable Ward family, we got 2 days and a night to ourselves at Half Moon Bay, which was extremely relaxing and nice, but in a different way.
Obviously relaxing and nice, but so easy to miss Moss.

Worth it.


I'm so grateful we got such restorative alone time at such a beautiful place.  But it was my first night away from Moss, and the ocean always makes me feel a lot, so I felt a lot of missing Moss at pretty beaches.  So we took him to LA with us later that month and watched him react pretty much the same way Ben does to the Pacific Ocean biting at your toes:



Plus, Moss and Ben are ridiculously photogenic as silhouettes at sunsets, so thank you Pacific coast beaches:

In any case, I'm sure next October will be equally different but equally lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment