Monday, September 29, 2014

September 2014

In the month of September, our family was host to 2 separate but back-to-back colds, a bout of hand, foot and mouth disease, and a ruinous norovirus.  During this time, Moss popped 2 molars, learned how to stand up, took his first steps, spent his first night away from Mom and Dad, learned roughly 30 new words, and tonight may or may not have broken his nose falling off a tricycle (diagnosis and photograph forthcoming).  Consequently, I have way fewer photographs from this month than I thought, but here they all are.  Most recently completed Dad PROJECT post coming soon.  <3 <3 <3

I love how his lips still puff out when he sleeps like they did a year ago

Mouth-breathing

Moss likes to play with charcoal from the fire pit

It's like the inverse of chalk

Still not standing without support, Sept 5

Moss is an intrepid explorer

Green eggs and ham are seriously a huge hit around here


Especially if you let him put it on his head


Who needs a trip to a whole aquarium when you've got one single awesome fish tank at the library?

25 minutes of pointing and looking back at me to make sure I see the fish too

He's saying "bloop bloop bloop"

Moss is really into helping people take things out of the fridge lately.  He helped me take an apple out to use in some oatmeal I was making.  I got caught up with something else for about 2 minutes and looked down and saw this.  I don't usually give Moss whole fruit or other large chunks of food because for a long time he did this thing where he would put as much in his mouth as possible and then choke to death.  Well apparently that was a phase and now he can be trusted to eat hand fruit.  Which is great because it's adorable.  So I took several dozen pictures of it.








Ok, Mom, you should probably stop taking photos at this point...

I think this is sometime between head cold #2 and hand foot mouth

Trying out the whole "can be trusted to take responsibly sized bites of larger servings" thing


Which went swimmingly.

So we tried it the next day too.

Wraps are the easiest lunch to make ever.

The day after the Mommy Mossy a-puke-alypse

Ah yes, new skill = taking lids off of things


At least my vacuum smells like basil now.

Park nap selfies



Finally done with all the illnesses, only to be attacked by molars


Water play at the park and no change of clothes makes you turn into a gnome.

There are worse fates.

Moss does not like ketchup, as it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment