We spent almost 3 weeks in Montana with Grannie Annie and Mountain Boba, using up Ben's paternity leave before Moss's first birthday. You really have to see this place to believe it, everything is so capacious. Bonus: for some reason, pretty much every photo you take here turns out like you know what you're doing.
During this 20 day period, Moss grew (we're guessing) 1.5 pounds and as many inches. He ate 5 or 6 full meals a day and nursed (and slept) like a newborn. He perfected going up stairs and figured out how to go down them (a little less perfectly). And, because my mom somehow knows how to be a full-time short-order cook, maid and nanny at the same time without batting an eye, I got to read two (TWO) novels and sit on my butt a lot. It was lovely.
Hello, just wondering if you'd seen my cheeks lately. They're chubby.
Moss grows on rocks.
"Moss, smile." "Meh."
"C'mon, smile for the picture." "Don't wanna."
"But you're in a silly hat!" "Heh."
There we go.
Here are photos of the most precious thing you will see all week, Moss playing with pea pods. An interesting side story about this evening begins with the fact that pea pods are very interesting to manipulate. So at one point Moss (who hasn't yet shown any interest in standing unassisted), so engrossed with the pea pod in his hand, let go of my knee to use his other hand to mess with the pea pod. At this moment, the three adults outside all happened to be looking in his direction, and we all unintentionally GASPED because he had never done this. And then he got scared and sat down and cried and we all felt bad. He hasn't tried to stand up since. I will try so so hard not to make a sudden loud noise in response to his next attempt.
My mom's house is not child-proofed. This was sometimes tedious, sometimes annoying, but often hilarious. Mischievous Moss.
Heh, Annie's out chopping wood. Now I can finally play with this all morning.
And then climb on the lamp. JOY
Just your standard Montana evening entertainment:
Happy 4th of July! Here's a flower!
Ok, bored again...
What do you mean I can't destroy your cilantro sprouts? What else would they even be for?
This harp has been climbed upon before, I think.
But, I don't want to get down. :(
How about instead of getting down, I'll just stay here.
This is how Moss dances
Ben turned into a cowboy almost instantaneously upon setting foot on the land:
As did Moss.
Now I just need a blade of grass in my mouth like Dad, and I'll be a real cowboy!
ACK DANDELIONS ARE NOT GRASS
PPPBTH BBTHPHHPTH
Better luck with the yellow ones
Helping Annie weed
Just gutter pipe climbing
This was one of our last activities, a camp-style dinner at Box Canyon in Targhee. So. Many. Mosquitoes. Why do they love me so? It's always me and no one else, so I look like a surly lunatic, alternately pouting and flailing at the air. Moss got 4 big mosquito bites, and over the course of the following 3 weeks we learned he has a terrible sensitivity to mosquito bites, and they weep and fester and look awful. No more forests for a while.
He totally looks bigger here to me (on the tail end of the trip compared to the earlier pics)
Chubbier
Ah the joys of a giant window...
Not as joyful...
Watching DS9 with Boba:
Eating the red painted wooden topper to the toy we all ate the red painted wooden topper to:
No comments:
Post a Comment