So apparently this blog should actually be called "My Total Misconceptions about Pregnancy and Their Abrupt Debunking". The other day Ben pointed out that I am doing the "pregnancy waddle", and asked if I was playing it up as a joke. After I introduced him to my sidekick (for those of you who weren't ever 10, I did that by kicking him in the side), I told him that I actually hadn't even noticed a change in the way I was walking. But sure enough, after 10 seconds of paying attention, I realized he was totally right:
Me.
Again, an assumption of mine had up until then been that this particular gait is due to being a little off balance or something like that but NO. I tried to walk normally and immediately every muscle on the list of 42 muscles I have not ever been aware of having all started hurting. Oh relaxin, you're such a joke. I suppose I'm glad relaxin exists -- like when you're up in a tall building and you feel it sway in the wind and that totally freaks you out, but then you realize it's much better that it's flexible than if it were not -- but it's making me feel pretty silly:
Me again.
Meanwhile, Eileen you were right -- Bugaboo moving around is now kinda hard to miss. My midwives in Chicago had mentioned to me early on that once I could feel fetal movements, I should pay attention to whether they became "reduced"or stopped for more than a couple of days and of course I PANICKED. OMG how will I know, I'm going to have to carry a log book and rate the strength and duration and type of each movement and run stats to make sure it stays constant, and maybe I'll get Ben in on it for inter-coder reliability..... Hahahaha nope. As it turns out, every time I realize it's been a few hours since I felt anything, within a few hours of that I will be stomped harder than ever before. This is my child:







No comments:
Post a Comment