And today marks T-minus 100 days to my due date. Time to begin the double digit countdown! Still hasn't sunk in yet, but luckily we get 40 weeks to attempt to fathom it before we have to suddenly fathom the s--- out of it.
I'm still not totally sure how I feel about the moving and kicking and twisting and writhing stuff -- miraculous? yes. interesting? yes. reassuring? yes. weird? YES. I'm getting used to it now, but at first it was startling and strange.
A few months ago when I tried to imagine what The Quickening would feel like, I mused about this completely new sensation, unmatched in my proprioceptive repertoire. But as it turns out, again, my speculations make no sense. It just feels like what it is, someone moving and touching me, but THE CALL IS COMING FROM THE INSIDE OF THE HOUSE. Ahem. But yes, the novelty factor is not that it's a different sensation, it's that it's from an unexpected angle.
Things I do that make Bug Child squirm like a crazy person:
- eat a big meal (i.e. larger than 2 bites of apple)
- try to fall asleep
- wake up
- shift between any two positions
- sing
- sit quietly
Things I do that make Bug Child instantly fall asleep and float quietly:
- tell Ben that Bug Child is moving around a lot, so he should put his hand on my tummy so he can feel Bug Child move
Patience, Ben! He won't only feel Tiny Trofatter moving, he'll see it! Talk about even weirder than being touched from inside. I haven't yet experienced this whole pregnancy thing myself, but in 9 intense months of Munchkin inside Molly, things were never startling or strange. Just wonderful. Miss you, Miss Calla!
ReplyDeleteI laughed a lot reading this. ;) I'm glad the move went well and that you and mother got some fun memories out of it.
ReplyDeleteI so know what you mean about the smell. California just smells alive. Like things are blooming everywhere.
ReplyDeletexxx