Sunday, May 10, 2015

Camping for Mother's Day - I don't recommend it

And yet at the same time I highly recommend it.  It was awesome and fun and horrible and difficult.  Just like camping always is.

Oh this bodes well.  Trying to leave and failing...  Moss helped earlier in the day by "driving" the car, i.e. turning the hazards and headlights on and walking away.

Beautiful campsite, if you ignore the fact that the gorgeous carpet of green is 90% poison oak

Grumpy lion with a car

Grocery store parking lot the next day.  "My insurance premium is just too low," I thought to myself.

We got home around 2pm on Mother's Day proper and took turns taking ridiculous 2 hour naps and being otherwise completely useless.  Ben and I looked at each other at one point despairingly and I said, "Can I have a different Mother's Day?"  He didn't even have to think: "Yes, let's take a mulligan on this one."  

Luckily my talented photographer friends managed to capture the true magic of the outing:

Happy lion (photo by Nicole Kain)


Cozy lion (photo by Nicole Kain)

Courageous lion takes a break from bravery with a sippy cup (photo by Jesse Nattamai)

I say graphic novel protagonist, Ben says Alfred Hitchcock (photo by Nicole Kain)

Happy Mother's Day (photo by Jesse Nattamai)

Ben and Ly in a Coleman ad (photo by Jesse Nattamai)

Cozy Ly in what Mossy calls the Wainbow Whap. (photo by Jesse Nattamai)


No comments:

Post a Comment