Sunday, March 8, 2015

Waiting for the eye of the storm


Moss is in a very turbulent moment right now, which means we all are.  He learned the word hit, what it means, and that the action brings instant attention.  He appears to be beginning his 4th cold of the year.  He's nursing more than the 3 month old, and I can't tell whether it's worse for my sanity to give in and nurse on demand (and deal with the ensuing gymnurstics for 10 minutes every 20 minutes), or to help him cut down to *just* 6 times per day (and deal with a 10 minute tantrum every 20 minutes).  And his language is exploding, which must be very new and scary and raw and big for him.  Our life may look pretty in pictures, and each day does have its numinous moments, but it is actually quite stormy at the moment.  All creatures' tempers are very short.

Grumpy Moss

Grumpy Ly

But the sleep is good.  I breathe a sigh of relief every night, when, no matter how bad the day was, he collapses into a sweet sweaty heap right at 7:30pm - on the dot, every time - and sleeps until 6am - on the dot, every time.  And the naps, save an erratic day here and there (so. frustrating.), are 88 minutes long.  Every time.  I actually do set a clock by it, in that I don't even need to look at what time it is when he wakes up, because I already know.  And now with DST he'll sleep from 8-7 and 12:30-2, which is much better for our family than the whole thing shifted an hour earlier has been.  Sweet, sweet sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment