Monday, March 30, 2015

Big boy bed

We've had a big boy bed set up for Moss in "his" room for months now.  Every few weeks, I'd ask him if he wanted to try sleeping in there, and he'd always say or otherwise indicate that the answer was a definite NO.  Eternal bedsharer, that one.  I haven't pushed it, especially since he's been night weaned, as we all sleep pretty soundly together all night, and I refuse to fix unbroken sleep.  

We were playing in there near bedtime, and having altogether an excellent time.  I randomly asked if he wanted to try sleeping in his bed, as habit dictated, and was already firing up the neurons in charge of producing the "That's OK, whenever you want to try, it's always here" response when he said Yeah! and started bounce-grinning.  I instinctually back-pedaled -- "Are you sure?" "Yeah!!"  "Dad and I won't be here..."  "Bed!!!"  "You're going to try anyway?"  "Sleep!!!!!  Bed!!!!!!!!"

Whoa.

We went through the bedtime routine as usual, waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm here to report that the other shoe is still blissfully levitating.  

Night 1: 8pm - 4:45am. Not. A. Peep.  Came in to our room at 4:45 and slept until 7:30.  :-O
Nap 1: Successful, omg this is nuts!
Night 2: 8pm - 6am, still no peeps.  Is this real life?  Ben and I folded and, like, put away laundry.  Positively indulgent.

Little Sweet Moss Peat Moss grows up and away.  



No comments:

Post a Comment