Thursday, February 12, 2015

How do you say love: A Dad post

Today we went for a walk to burn off some energy before Moss's nap.  We live near Moffett Air FIeld, and there's a constant stream of training flights in large cargo planes.  Moss loves these planes, and always points them out and makes plane noises.

The rear cargo hatch was open, and the plane was flying slow and level, so Moss was treated to several rounds of jump training.  He kept saying what I thought was "wind" and pointing into the air.  He said "sky" and "cloud" as well (both firsts) which may have colored my interpretation.  When I realized he was saying "plane", he threw his hands into the air, spun around, and laughed and then did it again for good measure.

We ambled along, picking up rocks and leaves.  Right before we arrived at our goal, one of the neighbors' cactus gardens, we saw a rollie pollie.  Moss watched as I showed him this weird wriggling thing and was surprised when it balled up.  Before he could stomp it, we moved on to the cacti.

He happily chanted "cactee" as we looked at the spines and prickly pears.

He was starting to wind down at this point, so I scooped him up and we walked home.  He had a few more first words ("car" and "truck").

Just before we went in the house, I said, "Moss, I love you.  Can you say love?"

He didn't say anything at all he just gave me a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment