Monday, February 10, 2014

Busy month!

Whoops, 2 weeks in a row without a Moss post!  I was hoping that would never happen, but alas our life went a little cray cray.  In late January we flew to Chicago, where it was, just... no.



Moss Bear handled it like a champ, though.  

While there I was convinced to keep working on my PhD, despite my myriad fraught opinions on that topic.  We got to see a 16 month old Elliot, a 14 month old Anja, a 29 month old Rose and her new negative 6 month old sibling, and a 5 week old Maggie.  Delightful.

 So cold though.  Why do people have babies here?!

Then we traveled home over the course of 32 hours and an impromptu overnight pit stop in scenic Denver due to the sketchiest flight delay I've ever experienced.  Southwest made us board our delayed flight so that we could all sit on the tarmac for 1.5 hours (causing half the plane missing connections) so that a single flight attendant from another flight could go to Denver.  It was about 17 minutes within the terms of service and we missed our flight home by 8 minutes.  Brutally unpleasant.  I just have to pretend that someone she cared about was sick or dying or something because only then does the nepotism not make my skin crawl. And that was on last Sunday/Monday, explaining the first lack of blog post.

Then we got home and Ben immediately interviewed to switch job titles within Google, for which he'd been studying for the past several months, so everyone was super stressed for a while there. 

Well, not everyone.

THEN I got sick.  I can pretty much plan to be ill from post-plane ride days 5 through 13, so I don't know why I'm ever surprised about this anymore, but predictability doesn't make it any more fun.  So I decided to pretend I wasn't sick and go on a grueling hike with a relentless 12% grade and a squirmy babe.  Smaaaaart...


And then we immediately had house guests, and then Ben immediately went skiing with all his cool Google friends, and my ensuing lack of health and time and help explains the second Monday's absence of blog post, and here we are.  So to make up for it, let's flip to the Moss Channel -- all Moss, all the time.  A new post every day for the next 2 weeks will surely make up for our silence in the first half of February.  And let's start our Moss Marathon with a summary of his latest project, CRAWLING.  My prediction is that by the end of these 2 weeks of updates, he will be crawling, no ifs, ands or butts finally off the ground and wiggling around and getting into trouble.


So... close...

No comments:

Post a Comment