Photo credit: Natalie Marsee-Long
Photo credit: Lauren Townsend
I've been having a fair amount of anxiety about the current week since Moss was just a little blastocyst. Adam and Chelsea chose their wedding date well before Moss was anything more than 2 unsuspecting gametes, so it's definitely not their fault. And anyway, Mr. Moss was projected to only be 4 weeks old for this trip, not 6, so the stars have been aligning to make everything go well from the start. And indeed, things have gone pretty much perfectly.
The trip started with my baby's first plane ride. (!!!)
I was 13 when I got on my first flight, so I couldn't empathize with him much (other than how much I currently hate planes myself). Moss did so. freaking. well. I was worried about TSA nonsense -- they sent us through with no pat-down, no wave scanner, and I didn't even have to take him out of the Beco. I was worried about him being in pain from the pressure changes -- he didn't cry for a single moment of plane time (even when he was awake for one of the descents and didn't want to nurse). I was worried about getting crap for breastfeeding in public on the plane -- no one even batted an eye. I was *very* worried about germs -- no one's sick so far! (although I just knocked on the 17 different kinds of wood I could find in this room...)
In fact, nothing that I was worried about was anything I should have been worried about. Unfortunately, there have so far been a couple of things I actually should have been worried about that hadn't even crossed my mind. The first:
Photo credit: Sara Golden
Not awesome for a 6 week old to be traipsing about in the 80%-humidity-feels-like-106-degree-late-afternoon sun for a 60 minute ceremony (including the un-air-conditioned transportation to and from the park), let alone the beautiful outdoor pictures his bridal party mama should have been a part of for the hour after that (we totes ditched that part, a thousand apologies to the bride). We would never have emerged from the experience unscathed were it not for Superdad's gentle and attentive care throughout.
The big news is about how Moss spent several days hanging out with some very important peeps:
Unkie Adam
Auntie Chelsea
Grandaddy Roush
Mountain Pop-Pop (actual title TBD)
Montana Gparents, right before a hilarious diaper blow-out
Kansas Gparents, right before a hilarious fart
Gramimi
Great Grammy
4 generations
4 generations Photo credit: Sara Golden
Cousin Sara and Auntie B
Auntie B and Uncle D
Auntie P
Uncle P
Cousin Karrie
"Cousin" James
In other news this week, Moss figured out social smiling. :D
There will be about eight trillion pictures of that in the coming weeks, I can promise that.
Our hearts swell with beautiful memories of this weekend, thanks to everyone who came together to make it happen -- by train, by plane, by automobile. I love my family more than I love anything else.
Photo credit: Mark Begin





Gramimi!! :)
ReplyDelete