Saturday, November 17, 2012

Both expected and unexpected

-36 WEEKS 

MILESTONE: tested positive

We really did guess it would take *at least* a couple or three months of trying.  I feel extremely lucky that I didn't have to deal with any false starts, but at the time I was also feeling extremely flabbergasted (probably more so than was appropriate).  We had indeed started earnestly trying, so we were ready, but maybe not *that* ready.


Me (in bathroom, to myself): Ooh, this is about the time these new-fangled pregnancy tests say they might be able to pick up a positive result.  I have like a 20-pack, let's just see for funsies.  ....  And let's check...  Huh.

Me: Hey Ben.
Ben: Hey what.
Me: Guess what happened.
Ben: You're late for brunch.
Me: Yes. But look what also happened.
Ben: Huh. Well that was fast.
Me: Yeah. Well. Huh.


And then I had brunch with Kelsey 20 minutes later and COULDN'T SAY ANYTHING.  SO DIFFICULT.





No comments:

Post a Comment